Rainy walk home from the Marriott Center

Rainy walk home from the Marriott Center
Walked back to the MTC in a rain storm!! We were soaked!!

Saturday, August 10, 2013

The first week in the MTC

First Week in the books! Its true what they say, the days feel like weeks but the weeks feel like days! I swear it was just yesterday that i was eating at Golden Coral with my family before i would say goodbye! But I guess that is a result of what happens when you are working harder than you have in your life! Its a little like school... just you actually want to be here and want to learn! But still much harder than school!

The First day was so hectic! I had Josh Write pick me up and show me around so it was way fun to have someone I actually know show me the ropes on stuff. Of course it doesn't help that right when I got to my class she was speaking strait Czech and I had no clue what was going on! Then we sat there while she spoke to us for a second then we watched an orientation video and got to see our Companions! I am in a tripanionship! And I got soooooooo lucky with them because they are both so awesome! Elder Cowley and Elder Petersen. Ill attach a picture of us three, hopefully! All three of us live in Utah about an hour within each other! And we are all 18 fresh out of high school, they are both so chill and we get along perfectly!

So not only did i get lucky with my companions but my Zone is amazing too! Elder Ryan Wyman lives 4 doors down from me! So I see him everyday and his class is next door as well so it has been amazing to go through this experience with him! But yeah he is in my zone and my zone consist of 13 countries! With 8 languages! But that is still only 55 people ironically! I knew about 6 of them before the MTC which makes it even more fun! And all the guys are getting along so well! Ive found that with almost all the guys I’ve had some kind of connection with them through family or what not! Like Elder Jaeger was Courtney McOmber’s dance partner back in the day. Elder Zack Johnson and I have hung out a couple times through some friends of ours! I love these kids! On the top floor of my building there are 8 kids from Lone Peak! So crazy!

My teachers are so nice, Sister White, Brother Machado, and Brother Thompson! Brother Thompson has not taught us yet because he has actually been our "Investigator" that past week! We had to plan and tech a lesson 2days after we got here, In CZECH! It was crazy and im sure sounded like a train wreck but he was way nice about it. ln 2 weeks I’m actually moving to Rain tree in the West Campus! The same day that half of my Zone leave to Bulgaria! (Including Elder Wyman)

Fridays are my P days so I can only email on those but if you want to write me my address is, P.S send me some pictures the more the better! :) Nashledanou!


Elder Daniel McOmber
Provo MTC Mission
Oct01 CZE-SLVK
2009 N 900 E Unit 187
Provo UT 84604



No comments:

Post a Comment

World -wide conference with Elder Richard G Scott

World -wide conference with Elder Richard G Scott

Dan's Czech teachers

My companions and other elders in my district

Elder McOmber's Study area

Elder Ryan Wyman, Dan's good friend Daniel, and Dan McOmber

At the MTC!

At the MTC!
See you in two Elder McOmber

Mission Call

Mission Call
Picked up my mission call from the post office today!

...Prague...

...Prague...
Just a Preview