Rainy walk home from the Marriott Center

Rainy walk home from the Marriott Center
Walked back to the MTC in a rain storm!! We were soaked!!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Amazing week 3

It is crazy to me that this is my third P Day! And third time doing laundry at 4:45 in the morning... But it’s worth it to get the computers!
SO much happened last week that it’s hard to remember my entire spiritual experiences, Started off great with Sunday me and Elder Cowley (one of my companions) got to pass the sacrament in our Zone sacrament meeting. I haven’t passed sense I was a Deacon so that was fun! Although our sacrament meetings kind of feel like the rest of our meetings cause we are dressed up.. Like always, and people give lessons/talks like all of our meetings. But it is awesome to be at a sacrament with the zones!

It was amazing to hear that my best friend and My sister read their mission calls to my ward the same day! Amazing feeling knowing that your family and friends are doing the right things and making the right decision to go on a mission! On a side note this week I played allot of basketball, knowing that it is kind of sketchy because so many kids have gotten hurt. Well it was my turn when a kid decided to be a Try Hard and took out my legs when I was going up for a dunk! (Layup) So looks like a minor concussion and a cracked elbow with a side of torn ligaments for me!! Although none of that is actually true... ;) that did happen but I just banged up my elbow pretty bad and it has been swollen all week! It’s going down now but I’ve had to go without playing ball for 4 days because of it! ), But resorting to 4 square and volley ball is fine too! And don't judge because I play 4 square... It gets really intense here and the kids are serious about the 4 square life!

On Tuesday was our Tuesday night Devotional!! This week they hinted that a General authority was coming so I and my Comps sang in the choir so we could get good spots! Turns out the speaker was Elder Richard G. Scott of the 12! It was crazy waiting with anticipation, all the Missionaries just waiting to see who our surprise guest was going to be! I was shocked! The spirit was so strong; he carried it with him when he walked in Marriott Center. We sang "Jesus once of humble birth" then he spoke on "Communication with Heavenly Father." I don't know if you can look it up now but I would suggest trying because it was absolutely amazing! "When He withholds an answer to our prayers He wants us to grow and lean on our own."     "Struggle, Work Hard, Love."     "Through prayers and a desire to serve , the lord will facilitate a glorious mission." That last one I applied to me and it was incredible! It was such a blessing! But once it was over, on his way out of the meeting he turned around and waved to all of us and yelled "BE GOOD!" It was pretty funny! Then he waved more and yelled again "WE LOVE YOU!" he is such an amazing person! That meeting was also the first Multi MTC Devotional to all the MTC's in the world!!

Me and my companion Elder Cowley started Zone wide sand Volley ball yesterday! So only on Thursday mornings that's where we will be! Today has started out great with waking up at 4:45 to do laundry early! Now I get the whole day to do whatever! Then I went to the Provo Temple and I got to see the new MOVIE! IT was so AMAZING! Everything about it was spectacular! It was so easy to feel the spirit testifying that it all was true! 

Time to go get the mail i guess we will see who cares about me the most... ;) Till next time,  Nashledanou!! 


Starší McOmber signing out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

World -wide conference with Elder Richard G Scott

World -wide conference with Elder Richard G Scott

Dan's Czech teachers

My companions and other elders in my district

Elder McOmber's Study area

Elder Ryan Wyman, Dan's good friend Daniel, and Dan McOmber

At the MTC!

At the MTC!
See you in two Elder McOmber

Mission Call

Mission Call
Picked up my mission call from the post office today!

...Prague...

...Prague...
Just a Preview